04 March 2009

Florida

Things I miss about Florida:
The beach
Arroz con pollo from La Carreta
Sun
Sun showers
University of Miami
Sunday brunch at 94th Aero Sqaudron
Lincoln Road
Bayside
Going to the beach in the "winter"
Flip flops all year round
Football (UM, no Dolphins please, thanks)
Orlando being in close distance
The easy awarding of drivers licenses
Party boats all year round
No state taxes

Things I DON'T miss about Florida:
The rest of the state besides South Florida
University of Florida
Florida State University
Hurricanes
The ease of awarding drivers licenses
Getting caught in the rain at any random moment of the day
Santa's Enchanted Forest traffic
Los Cubanos who lived 2 doors down from me
Hialeah
Metro-Rail
The Trick-Daddy's of every ghetto neighborhood

1 comment:

  1. I'm not going to miss those things either. But I was thinking the other day that I will miss the sun, warmth, light and pretty dresses that can be worn anytime, and the carelessness that comes with the lazy clear sky in the spring.

    ReplyDelete