18 May 2011

I Am Still Not My Hair

So I did it. I finally cut my hair! I have been growing my perm out since March 2010. I was getting my hair done last Thursday and I asked my hairdresser how much of my hair was still permed. She showed me, and told me how short my hair would be. She said, "It'll be like a little china bob. It'll be really cute." She said "bob" and I got scared. I mean, it had been awhile since I had SOME kind of a perm.

I manned up and just told her to chop it! And let me tell you, it felt SO great. It was cathartic in a way I never knew. I felt free. It's a feeling that is almost indescribable. There's nothing holding me back now. I can style my hair anyway I want and do anything! My black women, I don't have to be afraid of the pool anymore!!

So, hi. My name is Lexi Losch. And I've been perm free since 5/12/2011.

3 comments:

  1. Awww. I love this post. Your hair looks really cute. It's perfect for a young baby, too-- because they will just grab it if it's any longer. I can't wait to see you in twists-- I love that hairstyle. I would do it in a minute if my hair would hold the curl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new hair!!!! It looks great but as for me I will never be perm free some of us can do it some can't. My hair is just way to curly. Thank god my dad is a Rican because I can go in the water perm and all.

    ReplyDelete