19 December 2011

Missing Hand Jesus

I walked into our guest room the other day to work on some crafts. I glanced on the dresser and there was a little statue of Jesus I had never seen before on there. Naturally, I freaked. I mean, cmon, you'd freak too if you walked into a room and saw a random statue of Jesus in there. I look even closer, and oh wait, Jesus is missing a hand! The hand is in a small, clear box right next to him. This just kept getting better.

I go to the top of the stairs and this conversation ensues:
Lexi: Uh, Ry.....there's a Jesus in the guest room.

Ryan: Yea, my mom brought him down this past weekend.

Lexi: Ok, that's all well and good, but he's missing a hand. And the hand is just in a box right next to him. Why is Jesus missing a hand??

Ryan: I think I was playing in my room as a kid and he fell off a stand or something; the hand broke off.

Lexi: Hm, ok. Still very strange. I mean, Jesus isn't strange, but the random Jesus popping up out of nowhere is strange.

Ryan: Yea, my mom mentioned it to me over the phone before they came and I guess I forgot about it. My grandfather gave it to me so I suppose she brought it for this trip.

Lexi: Okay....that's fine. I just needed some more background info. I think you'd freak too if you walked into Jovie's room and a mini Jesus statue was suddenly judging you from her dresser.

No comments:

Post a Comment