01 February 2012

Wanted: A Vacation

It appears as if the true meaning of vacation is lost. When I stated today that I needed a vacation, it was answered with a "Why's that?" Vacations help you recharge, breathe some new air, gain new perspective at times. When I'm then met with no real response, it tells me this:

America, what is going on? I value hard work and success, but I also value my health and well-being. I think lately I've been  forgetting what it feels like to be AND feel truly healthy. Should I feel that tied to my career that I can't do anything for myself or with my family?

Having Jovie made me realize that above all, my family comes first. My selfish days are done and now I'm accountable. That means bringing my A-game to my daughter and husband ALL THE TIME and I have not been doing that. Time to make some changes. LEEEEEEEGO!!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone definitely needs to take a break every now and then, to pause for a while and enjoy the world. Everyone deserves a holiday.

    ReplyDelete