28 January 2012

Ruined Birthday Surprise

ManLosch has a birthday coming up. On Tuesday in fact. I was struggling with the perfect gift and I finally thought of it: A weekend trip to Dallas to do a specific architecture walking tour and a night in a hotel suite so once we put Jovie to bed, we can sit out in the living area and watch TV without waking her. We'd also do other family activities like going to the hotel pool, and see a few other architecturally significant places (a sculpture garden by his most favorite living architect, Renzo Piano).

Sounds good for the archinerd right?

Well last night as we were getting Jovie ready for bed, he started flipping through one of many XXXX-Large architecture books (ones that cause us to carefully divide them in boxes because when moving, they all can barely be lifted). He blurts out, "Man we need to get to Dallas so I can see this building" and points to the sculpture garden (or maybe it was something else). He then starts going on about how he was hoping to get there this year since Dallas isn't terribly far in the overall scheme of traveling WITHIN the state of Texas.

I gave him the evil eye and then just smiled. Busted. He said, "What?? What's wrong?" So I caved. It's easier to plan weekend trips when the boy knows about it, so I told him my plan and he felt AWFUL!! He apologized and swore up and down that he didn't know, and I know he had no clue. But it's kinda funny how he's still able to read my mind just a little bit more than I'd like at times.

He is currently excited about these potential plans and has fully taken over. I guess it's not such a bad thing. Happy Early Birthday ManLosch.

No comments:

Post a Comment