27 April 2012

Ch-Ch-Changes

I've noticed that since I became a mother, I'm less concerned with my physical appearance. Well in a way. Let me explain.
While I'm still not happy with the way my stomach looks (not even close to somewhat flat...I'll even take flat with no tone...but I digress), I will now choose comfort over trying to look cute. Flats are my best friend. I will wear green gym shorts, a red shirt and pink socks to the grocery store and not think anything of it.

I still don't wear makeup, so that hasn't changed.

The best example are what I call my Jesus sandals. They are brown Dr. Scholl's sandals that are the most comfortable things EVAH!
These are my sandals in black, so just imagine them in brown. My little hippie Jesus sandals. And I love them and the old Lexi would care what people thought, especially a hip group of black people. Now? Imagine the Bernie Mac voice saying "I don't give a fuuuuuuu*k." Those things make my feet happy and when I have to lift 20+ lbs of child daily, constantly, HOURLY, because she doesn't feel like walking anymore, well then ya best have some comfy shoes. Because I'm not the Beckhams or the Carters, so I don't have nannies. I'm even wearing them today at work.

Now that my hair is natural, I'll throw that bad boy up and won't even comb out the ponytail sometimes (I know, this is bad, especially for the sistahs with natural hair) but I can get by! It doesn't look bad. Oh, I have bags under my eyes? Oh ok great! I look 5 months pregnant? Thanks inconsiderate asshole. Because eventually, I'll care again somewhat. But for now, I prefer very comfortable loose clothing and Jesus sandals to showcase the worn mom-of-a-toddler look.

But hey, my arms look toned and bitchin' now.

2 comments:

  1. Haters gon' hate. Do what you have to do to get through the day. And rock the arms, and everything else.

    ReplyDelete