30 April 2012

In Which I Ask Claire To Babysit

me: claire, how do you feel about babysitting?
Claire: i have never babysat for a kid as young as jovie before
  i think the youngest I've done is something like 5
  but I'd be willing to learn
  if you could prepare me
  and instruct me
  hahaha
me: i'm just kidding
  i wouldn't subject you to the possible horror
 Claire: she's a little terror?
  haha
me: of course she is
  she's 16.5 months
  and she's my child
  she's CRAZY, with all capital letters.
Claire: cray cray
me: i started calling her T.J. this weekend for Tyrannosaurus Jovie
  Ryan wants to rename her "Trouble"
Claire: or at least make it her middle name
  though i like sophia
 me: so do i, but now when she's in trouble, we use "Jovie Sophia"
Claire: so cute
me: hmmm
  in theory yes
  in action no
  yesterday afternoon she:
 tried to wash her hands in the dog bowl, tried to and successfully stepped on the dog's tail   multiple times
  turned the oven burner knobs
  reorganized the bottom cabinets
 got halfway out the doggie door before we realized it
  used a play pot from her kitchen as a stool
  used her play activity table as a stool
  used the dog as a stool
  shared cake with the dog
  used a plastic golf club shaped like a carrot to access what she wanted on the kitchen counter
  used Mommy as a stool
  made Mommy read "Dora's Color Adventures" twice
 made Daddy read "Dora's Color Adventures" twice, 5 minutes after Mommy read it twice
  now i shall ask you again Claire.........
  are you sure you want to babysit?
Claire: well when you put it that way

No comments:

Post a Comment