19 January 2009

Vanity Fair's interview with Lexi Losch

Because I'm so awesome, I decided to let Vanity Fair interview me.
(except I'm totally lying, and I took these questions from the interview that Vanity Fair had with Katie Couric. but why not spend some time learning about me? srsly)

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being on a beach, drinking piña coladas, getting a foot massage, and eating plates of appetizers; all while watching the ocean and relaxing

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I'm too needy. I tend to rely on others for my own happiness and self-worth. (Ouch......)

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Selfishness

What is your greatest extravagance?
I don't know that I've acquired enough wealth for a true extavagance. But to date, I'd have to say my Coach purse (if it's a tangible extravagance)

What is your current state of mind?
Confused, confused, and hungry

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
What I really want to say I absolutely CANNOT. So I'll say my second best: Peace.

On what occasion do you lie?
When I don't exactly know how to get my feelings across, I tend to lie about it (although I'm not always that GOOD at lying about it)

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
That I'm not bigger. Being thin is not always great; just like overweight people don't like being on one end of the extreme, i don't like being on the other extreme.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Humor

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Kindness

Which living person do you most admire?
My mother. Sorry, yea I know it's cliché, but with everything she has endured, I think I have alot to learn from her still

Which words of phrases do you most overuse?
"Seriously..." and "Hiiii-ooooo"

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Saying "my husband" would be expected right? So I don't always like meeting expectations. I'm gonna go with my dog, Jordan. Because no matter what, even when you get mad at him, his love for me never wanes and never changes. When I'm sad, he puts his head on my lap until I'm done crying. He relies on me for survival and I rely on him for love and laughter, in which he has never let me down. Adopting a dog was one of the things I'm most proud of.

When and where were you happiest?
This is a loaded question I'm not sure I can answer. Maybe not yet.

Which talent would you most like to have?
Writing. I'd love to be an author.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'd be fatter. Seriously.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Finishing undergrad and going right back to grad school and finishing grad school. Education is extremely important to me for my own personal development and what I feel it can do for others.

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
A person? Beyoncé (I'd be such a quiet storm). A thing? Do squirrels count as things? If so, then a squirrel. If not, then a journal.

Where would you like to live?
If it was affordable, NYC. Most def.

What is your most treasured possession?
A bear I've had since I was 5. His name is Little Bear(whaaat? I was 5! Not overly creative then). It was given to me by my father, with who I don't have much of a relationship with now. It reminds me of the time when I felt like I couldn't live without him.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Feeling like you have no one, that you've been let down so many times

What is your most marked characteristic?
Once I focus on something, I'm your woman.

Who are your favorite writers?
Augusten Burroughs, Wally Lamb, and Dave Barry

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
I actually don't know. I've read alot of non-fiction lately, alot of memoirs. I'd really have to think this one through.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Meh. Don't really know. Maybe I'll have an answer in a few years.

Who are your heroes in real life?
Mia Leonin and Diana Abu-Jaber, 2 amazing women who taught me that you can say anything you want through the power of creative writing.

What is your greatest regret?
Not loving myself enough.

How would you like to die?
In my sleep, quietly, and quickly.

What is your motto?
"You only live once!"



No comments:

Post a Comment