13 September 2010

I Don't Know You But...

I watched the Today show this morning while eating breakfast. I just turned the tv on to check the weather very quickly but then one of the stories caught my eye. A woman named Erin Wood just recently lost her husband. They are expecting their first child in November. He steered their car directly into the crash to take the entire impact of the crash while shielding her. He sacrificed his own life for his wife's and their unborn child. They didn't even know if it's a boy or girl.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39146785/ns/today-today_people/

So I'm watching them interview her and I just start bawling. ManLosch comes in the living room and asks what's wrong and I just point. If you read the article, then you'll read that they found heroin, cocaine, and marijuana in the car that caused the crash. It also killed the 2 guys in the backseat. This story just stuck with me all day. I re-told it at work and everytime I did, I almost started crying again. She mentioned that she just tries to keep eating right and taking care of herself to distract her from the pain of losing him; that he'd want her to take care of the baby. Enter MORE tears.

Erin Wood, I don't know you, but I am praying for you and your family. Your husband reminds me of mine, which probably made me cry even harder. I can't even imagine that kind of pain and I know there's nothing anyone can say or do right now that will make it better. But please know that this stranger over here in Boston has you and your baby in her prayers and hopes that others will too.

1 comment:

  1. "Oh, dry the glistening tear
    That dews that martial cheek;
    Thy loving children hear,
    In them thy comfort seek.
    With sympathetic care
    Their arms around thee creep,
    For oh, they cannot bear
    To see their father weep!"

    ReplyDelete