07 September 2010

Meet the Doctors

There was an event tonight at the hospital where I have all of my prenatal care done. It was called "Meet the Doctors" so you can meet all of the doctors in this group of physicians that can possibly be on call when you go into labor. Obviously, one of them is your OB/GYN, but they like you to meet the others and ask questions. It was a pretty packed auditorium. ManLosch was unable to come with me, but it did not stop me from going.

I did send him a text that said, "Wow there's alot of preggos here." He said, "Um, what did you expect?" I said, "Well I know but still. It's alot." You could definitely tell you were in a room with all pregnant women because all you heard were snack bags opening and crunching and the guzzling of water. It reminded me a little of this:

Also, it was like being in high school again. All the pregnant women checking out each other's bellies, wondering how far along the other one is, pointing, mumbling. It was a bit much for me. WAY too much estrogen for me. I'm way too much estrogen for me, so imagine being in a room full of preggos. I overheard this conversation happen:
Wife: Ok, watch my bag, I have to pee.
Husband: Wait, where are you going?
Wife: I said I had to pee.
Husband: AGAIN?!

Dear husbands.......YES AGAIN. If you haven't gotten in through your skulls yet that we pee alot and can't help it, I don't know what to tell you at this point. ManLosch doesn't even glance twice when I'm up and about peeing like 20 times a day. I don't even know if I have control of my own bladder anymore. Anyway, back to this event. It was actually nice. Except for the 2 year old kicking my seat behind me (get used to it huh?) and screaming the entire time. Otherwise, it was informative and I feel alot more confident about the network of doctors we may be dealing with come December. I also got to talk one-on-one with my doctor which was nice because I L-O-V-E her. She gave me some advice until I see her again. 

It's amazing how time is flying by!

1 comment:

  1. That's a cool event your hospital put on! It's kind of unnerving to think that you never know whether your doctor will be on call when you go into labor, and it's nice to at least meet all the doctors so you won't have a stranger show up for such an important... and intimate... event.

    My OB/GYN practice makes sure I get at least one prenatal visit with all the different doctors so I can meet them that way. It's a nice thing to do. I just watched the movie Knocked Up, and I thought, Good thing I will not have to go through that. LOL

    ReplyDelete