06 September 2010

109 Days Left

Either the horrible vent at work made me sick or ManLosch did. I started to feel it Friday afternoon and I've been down with a cold ever since. Sunday was the worst of the days and today at least, I feel a little better.

I've got 109 days left to go! I can't wait for this kid to get here. I don't think I'm cut out for the pregnancy business. I am very excited to be a mother though. So even though everyone loves to give me their advice with "Just wait until the kid gets here, you REALLY won't get any sleep," I kinda don't care. Not that your advice isn't welcome, but I already know this. It still doesn't negate the fact that RIGHT NOW, the child in utero kicks me all day and all night and prevents me from sleeping as well as I used to. But again, I already know that my life is going to change dramatically. Maybe because I've been through so many life changes already, that I am welcoming this change with open arms now. Yeah I'll be tired and cranky and not as available. But I knew all that would happen. So suck on that world.

Otherwise, this Labor Day weekend has been slightly uneventful, mainly due to the fact that I've not been feeling great. ManLosch will hopefully finish the crib next weekend. And we may have more updates later, but well...we'll see how everything goes this week. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Feel better soon! I'm with you on the kicking thing. Already my little love nugget is deciding to do calisthenics every time I lie down for more than 5 minutes. Sometimes she kicks so hard it startles me and I yelp. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sick with a cold too...totally sucks! Hope you feel better soon! And I can't go to your baby shower because I have a wedding that day :( -Em C.

    ReplyDelete