20 October 2010

Cat-astrophe

This past weekend, ManLosch and I were back in the burbs of Chicago for a baby shower thrown by his mother and sisters. It was a quick trip. Our flight on Sunday was leaving at 7:45am and one sister (Erica) actually lives in Chicago, so we stayed with her and her hubs (James) Saturday night.

Well her and the hubs have cats named Guinness and Bailey. Very adorable cats; I love using his pointer to project that little red dot everywhere and watch them go crazy. At about 5:15am Sunday, ManLosch helped me get in the shower, as their tub is a little high for a fatty preggo to get into. Once he helped me in, he walked out and thought he closed the door, but left it cracked. About 10 seconds later, there's a shadow walking between the curtain and the liner and I screamed. It was a cat. A cat had jumped onto the tub. I started yelling, "RYYYYYYYAAANNNNN!!! THERE'S A CAT IN THE TUB, A CAAAAAT IN THE TUBBBBBBB!!!!!!" He ran in just as the cat was rounding the corner to actually JOIN me in the shower. With the cat successfully shoo'ed away, I was able to finish up. Apparently I had also probably woken up half of their apartment building. :-) James is convinced that it was payback for the laser pointer.

Oops. Sorry about that Erica and James. I hope your neighbors forgive me.

1 comment:

  1. Guinness was just trying to make sure we were all awake and moving so you didn't miss your flight. He's very thoughtful like that. :-) (And I don't think you woke up anyone other than the occupants of our condo.)

    ReplyDelete