29 April 2011

In Which I Do Not Care

This morning, people were late coming into work.
Want to know why?

Because they got up at the buttass crack of dawn to watch the royal wedding. You were late to work because of a wedding happening in another country.

I'm sorry ya'll, but I don't get it. I was so SICK of the coverage on this wedding. Every single morning on the morning shows, it was "Kate's hats, Kate's weight...blah blah blah." I don't care. I'm sorry. I just don't get the infatuation with a wedding happening in the country that OUR country fought so hard to get away from. Here's what I don't mind though: I don't mind the actual wedding. The union between two people who love each other; That part of it is cool. But now that I have a 4 month old baby who doesn't sleep, I'm SHO as heck not getting up at 4am to watch a wedding. I wouldn't get up that early to watch a family wedding.

Know what I DO care about? The fact that we're getting raped at the gas pump. The fact that we're polluting our planet and slowly making it uninhabitable for our future offspring. I was talking to a friend about it yesterday after work and at work today and he made a good point though. He said that with all that shitty stuff happening here, it's kind of nice to say "Hey look over here!" When he put it that way, it made more sense. Like the shiny object to distract you from the fact that someone just told you that your puppy got hit by a car.

Anywho, maybe we'll get back to reality sooner or later. For now, I'll waste my time watching All My Children. Oh wait, that's not real either....damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment