03 January 2012

On Why I Can't Ever Take Cutesy Pics of Jovie

You all know what I'm talking about. All those photos people take of their infants in their birthday suits. They are wearing pearls or a tie or whatever, and nothing else. Perhaps taken on a sheepskin rug or something of the like to make them look all cute and warm and fuzzy.

See, I can't get down with that. Yes, it's cute when other parents do it. But Jovie? I can't. I have the perpetual fear that Jovie will piss all over the rug or take a massive baby poop. The girl pooped RIGHT on my leg when she was immediately born, then peed all over me for my birthday 2 weeks later. Then she blew out her diaper on me multiple times. Literally on me. So no, I do not trust her to be all quaint and cute for some photography session. And I'm fairly sure the owner of the studio would not want to take back their props soiled with last night's dinner. So therefore, I settle for any other random shot we can get of her.....and they usually turn out just fine. :-)

1 comment:

  1. i just got one today, and it's beautious! (thanks, JoLo!) plus you know great grandma don't want her showing all her goodies!

    ReplyDelete