02 April 2009

Lexi's Gym Adventures

So I finally joined the gym. A gym. Whatever. I don't like to physically exert myself other than....well...yea. So this was a huge step for me. Is it a step in the right direction? Who knows what the "right direction" is anyway? It's a step somewhere.

I signed up on March 24th and finally, albeit slightly begrudingly, walked thru the doors with the intention to wear a sports bra and move my limbs last night. I didn't want to go in alone, so I forced my friend and awesome co-worker Stef to walk in with me and show me the ways of the women's locker room, as old saggy boobs and random towels do not appeal to me. I've decided that for now, I'm sticking with yoga until I'm more comfortable navigating my way around the gym. After Stef ensured me over and over that I wouldn't die in the gym, I forced her to walk me to the yoga class, walk me INSIDE the room, and then after I put my mat down, I let her leave me (sound familiar? YEA, FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN).

The class was good though, I liked it. Except...except for Godzilla. Yoga is supposed to be calm, quiet, and relaxing, and after awhile, give me better posture, flexibility, etc. But when you have this in your class:


...it's kind of hard to concentrate on anything OTHER than the loud heavy breathing. Imagine Godzilla in your yoga class. Then imagine that Godzilla is auditioning for a role in the movie "Fame." Your yoga experience has now been slightly tainted, hasn't it? For the most part, I liked the class; the instructor walks around and her voice was so calming. She even walked around and gave everyone of us back rubs (LUCKY!). But I don't know that I enjoy class with Godzilla and also, the two people right next to me. I couldn't stand their conversation before the class started. Maybe I was just jealous that no one came with me ::coughcoughSTEFcoughcough::

All in all, it was a positive experience and I'll be going back. After all, I'm paying for the membership, so I guess I should be going back. Then again, there IS a smoothie bar at the front.......

5 comments:

  1. ok ok ok next week. Yoga. I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. come down here and help me go to the gym. i don't want to be fat. i don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who took yoga classes and someone in class farted a lot. What's worse? Godzilla or Fartzilla?

    ReplyDelete
  4. someone who straight up craps their pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd go with Godzilla. Someone who farts then becomes the bigger pun of your blog and makes it more funny.

    ReplyDelete