30 August 2009

Our Clearance Puppy

Saturday, while at Target, we bought "Marley and Me." We saw the movie when it came out in the theater and we noticed that it was on sale on Blu-Ray yesterday. So why NOT buy it? We love dogs and we loved the movie. Even ManLosch couldn't hold back the tears when we first saw it.

So we watched it last night, me enjoying my recliner and Ryan actually enjoying the fact that he can stretch out on the regular couch. While we were watching it and laughing at all of the things Marley got into, I realized that I was laughing because Jordan (LoschDog) has done alot of things in his time growing into the little 5 year old terror that he is. Now don't get me wrong, he has calmed down ALOT in his 5 1/2 years. According to those that just meet him though, he's f*$%in crazy. Jordan has had his fair share of mishaps and Marley moments and I'd like to share them with you. Not all of them, maybe a few every now and then. And hopefully, LoschDog isn't the 2nd World's Worst Dog.

Jordan has eaten drywall. I repeat, he HAS eaten drywall. We placed him in the kitchen in Miami when we were testing his ability to be out of the cage while we were gone. Well apparently, he didn't like open space and not knowing where we were, so he decided to chew a nice big hole in the kitchen wall. We returned home to clumps of drywall that had been eaten, regurgitated, and possibly eaten again. Ryan patched that hole up nicely.

Jordan also used to love chewing on the baseboards of walls. I caught him on the morning of my undergrad graduation, barely even 3 months old then. He was chewing at the baseboard like it was gourmet kibble. I yelled out "JORDAN!" and he quickly looked up and walked away with the look on his face that said "What? I didn't do anything." He also had all of the white paint around his nose, sooo yea. It looked like he had done EXACTLY what you think he could have been doing if he was human.

Jordan used to hate the UPS man for some reason. We could NEVER figure out why. Anytime he rang our doorbell, Jordan would go into a fit of canine rage and honestly try to either eat, mangle, or maybe just scare off the UPS man. Maybe he didn't like brown. Because he was fine with USPS.

Jordan has eaten a roll of toilet paper before.

Jordan has swallowed chicken wings whole. Usually at SuperBowl parties.


The joys of being a dog owner. I actually wouldn't give it up for the world. :)


1 comment:

  1. Ahh, my company did the special features for the DVD and Blu-Ray. I cried too when I saw the movie...made it hard to work....

    ReplyDelete