02 August 2009

Stuff Lexi Likes

Ok, so I own "Stuff White People Like." But c'mon, I'm married to a white man! I feel like it's a sort of bible, if you will, to learn the ways of my husband's people. But I thought I thought it was so hilarious, that I bought the book at a Christian Lander book reading in Harvard Sqaure and he signed my copy of the book. He wrote "Lexi, Welcome." :)

So anyway, ManLosch (and a few other friends and relatives) are convinced that I'm part white, and that I should go through the book and find things that I like. So I will be sharing with you what I have in common and at the end, how white I actually am. And if you can't find the humor in this, stop now. Because I find the humor in this; I'm completely comfortable in my own skin and being a lovely black woman, so if you WON'T find the humor in this, just go watch Diddy's new reality show or something (yea, it's on right now, I'm "watching" it).

#15 Yoga
I love yoga. No I won't go out and buy $80 pants for it, but I agree that you can't do yoga in jeans or JUST regular sweatpants. And I don't dump large amounts of money into paying for it (just part of my gym membership). But yes, I love me some yoga, except for Douchey Derrick.

#24 Wine
Look, I'm sorry, I love wine! It's quicker than a mixed drink for me and goes oh so great with dinner. I don't really know where they come from, I embrace all wines. So does that really make me THAT white? I don't discriminate.

#25 David Sedaris
WHAT?! He's a funny man! And yes, I would pay to hear/see him read. And I would totally set up the jokes in my head because I'd know they'd be coming. And I'd talk about it later. And I'd make you feel awful for not going.

I encourage you to find a copy of the book and read it so you can follow along with my updates until I ultimately tell you how "white" I am. Because if you DON'T get a copy, I'm going to make you feel awful for not picking it up and reading it.

4 comments:

  1. Let me just remind you that we both took the quiz at the back of the book when we first got it. Who found more things she liked in the book? That's right, according to the rules of Christian Lander, you're more white than me...go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO! I never took the quiz! I hadn't taken it yet, I'm going to take it. Don't feak me bro. Don't feak me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I like wine too! And, I'm cheap, I don't usually splurge a whole lot on it either...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also a sort of white woman of color. I have no problem with it. I'm a lioness of two worlds! White people have a lot of good shit and I like shuffling through the pockets of cultures and picking out the shiny, gorgeous things they have. If anyone has a problem with it, they can suck it, aka el que no le late puede irse mucho a la chingada! Whiteify that!

    I love your three white people likes. Except I have never done yoga. I usually do pilates though. WINDSOR Pilates!


    Damn white people.

    ReplyDelete