18 May 2010

Joe vs. A Crappy Education

Welcome to the very first post that includes my father (blogging family meet Joseph Franklin). We had a very animated conversation while I was waiting in the airport terminal today.



  • Dad: So yea, she told me she was going down to Texas for her daughter's graduation, from DeVry (laughs).
  • Me: What is so hilarious? Why are you laughing?
  • Dad: I mean, cmon. DeVry? I didn't go to school, but I'm not that dumb. DeVry?
  • Me: It's still an education, stop being so mean.
  • Dad: Oh PLEASE. It's like the different between a real chicken wing and a fake chicken wing. You know a fake chicken wing when you get one.
  • Me: Um, did you just equate the quality of someone's education to a CHICKEN WING??
  • Dad: I didn't equate nothin. I'm just sayin, I can write a degree too and throw it in the trash can for someone else to pick up and say they got a degree.
  • Me: Oh my god Dad.

3 comments: