07 May 2010

Maybe Fly List

Okay, I'm sorry, but I HAVE to rant about this. So I'm sure you've all heard about the guy who left the car bomb in the middle of Times Square which started Saturday. He also drove a different car to Times Square before that as his getaway car, but left his keys in the bomb car (wow, dummy). Anyway, on Monday, he boarded a flight to Dubai and was arrested there.

Here is my number one issue with this story.
He was on the NO FLY LIST.

If homeboy was on the no fly list, HOW THE FUCK DID HE BOARD A PLANE?!?! How did he even get that far? And hi, did anyone think it was strange that he paid for his ticket in cash? Yes, well finally, someone thought that was odd and contacted airport security about it, but he was still on the plane. He paid for his ticket in cash, even when his name was on the no fly list at that point in time.

Please everyone. I really need you to get it together. That is NOT excusable. That is NOT ok. That is NOT the goodies. I am a tax paying American, I do my due diligence, I do what I can to help others. Why can't I pay you to make me feel safe? Wait, I WAS doing that but you were just failing at your job for the time being.

Major fail. Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. Uhm. Maybe it's because the "security" measures at the airport are mostly theater to make us feel safer. And they're distracted by doing stupid crap like pull my dad into a private room every time he goes through airport security because the name "Jim Smith" is on the no fly list.

    Really???

    Yep, really.

    I am convinced that all the post-911 hoopla at the airport is ineffective at keeping us safe (remember the guy who just ignited a bomb over Detroit?) and serves only to annoy people who aren't a threat and just want to bring their makeup on the stupid plane.

    ReplyDelete