17 May 2010

This One Time....

..let me tell you a little story about how me paying it forward did NOT work (and maybe i need to give it more time)....

So I had a nice aisle seat on this flight, from ATL to SA. I sat and realized the woman next to me was not sitting next to her husband, so I asked her, "Would you and your husband like to sit together?" She said, "Really? You don't mind?" I said, "No, not at all." She asked him and he thanked me a few times. I took his window seat two rows up. No biggie.

A woman sits next to me with her baby and her young daughter. I think to myself "It's ok Lex. You always get stuck near the babies, but it'll be cool, no worries." Well we're sitting here, leaving the gate and the baby starts to cry. What I'm about to tell you next may or may not surprise you but it shocked the HELL out of me.

The woman pulls up her shirt and begins to breastfeed her baby. What? Just like that? While on the plane? In front of everyone? Yes sir. It was just out and proud. So I try to close my eyes and take a nap. I wake up right around the drink service, which is perfect timing. The child is asleep. But then he wakes up. Solution? More boob. Oh wait, what's that I smell? His diaper. And it reeks. She'll change it soon right? Nope. Instead, she gives the kid some V8 and crackers to fill up the already shit filled diaper. He fidgets some more. Whips out the boob. He falls asleep for a bit, but wakes up. She proceeds to NOT change the diaper, but give him cold french fries. He cries more, whips out the boob again. Doesn't work. More crackers.

Please, someone help me. I can't handle this anymore. I thought I was being nice by giving up my seat, and I hope pay it forward doesn't forget about me today or tomorrow even. I try to be a nice person. Instead, I got repaid with a diaper full of shit and a random tit in 23B.

Here's a fun little exchange though about this event (that's still occuring as I type this):


  • Esperanza: You dummy, quit looking.
  • Me: i can smell the diaper too and its NOT the goodies
  • Esperanza: they are working...EWWWWWWW.
  • Me: Esperanza, I'm NOT! But she's sitting right next to me!! And her tits are big.
  • Esperanza: I know working boobs are loud. And planes are little.
  • Me: and she just whips it out like solution for all worldly problems, i promise im not staring.
  • Esperanza: Oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico?
  • Me: im looking straight ahead, but it keeps finding its way out.
  • Esperanza: LMAO OMG YOU KNOW YOU LAUGHED
  • Me: no because all i can do is smell shit and it's REPULSIVE.
  • Esperanza: the oil or her boobs?
  • Me: i think once she gave him the V8 it turned into diarrhea.
  • Esperanza: my first solution would be a didee change. always. smell didee? change.
  • Me: but yes, solution for oil spill is HILARIOUS.

5 comments:

  1. Ok... as a mom with a breast-feeding infant I take offense to this post. Not because of what you've said, or because of the text convo (Oil spill? Whip out your tit! LOL!), but because of the way that woman caters to the stereotype of being a bad mom.

    Seriously? SERIOUSLY? I have this wrap/shawl thing I toss on when in public places and the baby is hungry. It prevents the world from seeing my boob, or distracting the baby from drinking. She loves it, I love it, the public loves it. It's RESPECTFUL to all. Doesn't do anything for the smacking sound, but still you know what's going on but you don't have to SEE it. It's a wonderful thing!

    As for the diaper... what a shame. Anyone who has ever used a bathroom on a plane knows that they are god-awful small, but they all come equipped with a changing table. It's for the convenience of moms and dads, as well as the sanity of the surrounding passengers. When we took Ember on her first flight at five months old, we changed her diaper on the plane with no problems. She didn't even fuss. And no one around us gave us the "evil eye" either - as soon as we knew it was time to change her, we got up and took care of business.

    Moms like those who don't give a damn about anyone else (including their kids), need some serious help. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. And boobs can't solve every problem. If they could, I'd never have any issues and probably be rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your comments J'Ness. Thanks. It's nice to hear that from someone with a child, because those without can often be criticized for just not understanding what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! You are awesome Jeanette, I love you and Ember and baby Kelsey. :) That's exactly right. I don't mind the breastfeeding. I mind seeing all her goodies right NEXT to me on a plane. I mind that her poor little man is wading in a load of poop and I'm certain that's why he was crying. You are a great example mama J. Muah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mama was a militant breast feeding mama. I am super adorable, healthy and smart because my mom breast fed me until I didn't want to anymore.

    That *is* the goodies.

    But like above mentioned considerate mama, she also discretely threw a blanket over her shoulder. Society hasn't made it easy for boobs to work, and frankly not everyone wants to see them. The same way I'll thank you for not putting your elbow in my face or someones foot on my lap, boobs can stay...in their territory.

    Also, no excuse for poopy didees, as I've mentioned above. It's not good for the kid, it's not good for the people who have to suffer the rotten ass stank, it's not right for mama who is sitting with a ticking shit bomb just waiting to make a mess and make good people like you and I THROW THE EFF UP.

    Nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should of whipped out your camera, pointed it at her and said, "maim, do you mind smiling for the camera?"

    ReplyDelete