20 July 2010

Beginning of the Updates

I had my monthly visit today and met the OB/GYN for the first time (I usually see my nurse practitioner or the ultrasound people). She is tons of amazing and I love her and will do something strange like invite her over to dinner or something. So as we're talking, she basically gives me a new due date. I'm due Christmas Eve now, which was actually my original due date. What a great little Christmas present. :-) We heard the fetal heartbeat and it's very strong, so Peanut is chillin in there, growing and continuing to give me gas.

Part of all the early pregnancy shtuff involves blood tests for abnormalities, etc. Luckily so far, I am low risk for everything possible, which is great. The only thing they want to test is ManLosch for the sickle cell trait (just in case). I knew I had it and it came up in my bloodwork, but only the trait (more common in African Americans). Since we're having a little mulatto Oreo, it almost makes it safer, but just to check, the doctors wanted to test him too. ManLosch despises needles but I told him that if I could fill up 9 vials of blood everytime I went, he could fill up one for me. So after the visit, he goes to register to get his blood taken. He says, "So will this test determine if I'm black or not?" I said, "WHAT?!" He said, "You know. Maybe I'm black or something and didn't know it. Wonder if the test results come back and the doctors say 'We have good news and bad news. The bad news is, you have the trait. The good news is, you can play for the Chicago Bulls.'"

Yes. That is my husband. But at least he's doing everything he can to keep me sane. :-)

Otherwise, everything is going well so far. Just hungry all the time. Anyone wanna UltraFeast with me??

1 comment:

  1. Have you had an ultrasound already? I've met with my OB/GYN a couple of times, but I don't get an ultrasound until the end of August. I am so impatient! I want to see that there is a nice, normal baby in there with all the right pieces. Not that we are at high risk for anything either. But I also want to know if it's a boy or girl. Are you going to find out? I'm not good with secrets, and Mr. G is even worse. He tries to find out what his Christmas present will be before he opens it.

    Well, I guess you know what yours will be! :)

    That's kind of nice, huh, getting an earlier due date? Only five more months!

    P.S. I am hungry all the time too. I feel like I'm ALWAYS eating, and if I go two hours without a snack, I will die.

    ReplyDelete