22 July 2010

Frustration

My frustration today comes in many forms. I'm not sure where to start with it, or even if I should blog about any of it. I did realize though, that part of my frustration is writer's block. Or maybe no motivation? I keep thinking about it and wanting to write; I have pieces that are half written, and pieces that I've started and just stopped. I felt this wave of emotion and frustration while walking to my car after work and I feel like my brain was moving with words, and I had the urge to write, but it was almost like I didn't know how. It was strange.

I question whether or not this is something I can try to force. I might. I miss it. Especially after a day like today.

3 comments:

  1. Well Lexi, I can't wait to read what you DO write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling the same way! I can't tell if it's just because it's hard to come back to writing after a break, or whether it's my nesting instincts kicking in early. I feel more inclined to do housework than write, which is SERIOUSLY odd for me. Usually I'm all, "The laundry is not as important as my art!" Haha. I feel "creative" and have lots of great ideas, but I cannot sit down and focus enough to write.

    Blame it on pregnancy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blame it on ALOT of things Jeannie and the biggest one is pregnancy yes. I sleep and eat more than I can do anything else because of the little one. But when I feel motivated, I get stuck and can't force myself to pull out a piece of paper (because I'm old school and still write with pen and paper) and just do it. And it's frustrating as all hell. And then being frustrated at work doesn't help my creative process either, so it's been tough. I'm hoping for something to happen this weekend, but I may just force it and see what I get!

    ReplyDelete