22 November 2010

4 1/2 More Weeks

Lately, I haven't really had much to blog about, so I didn't want to just post that I had nothing to post about. This pregnancy has really taken a toll on my energy level. One thing that I found that really helped one of the pains I'd been experiencing is prenatal yoga. Just in one sitting doing some hip openers, the pain in my hips lightened up. I did a little yoga tonight as well. Had some trouble doing downward facing dog, so I will have to wait for ManLosch to get home to help me a little until I am comfortable with all those positions on my own.

Another side effect of pregnancy? My dreams have become A LOT more vivid. Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it can be distracting. Certain images are longer lasting than others and some are more "colorful" than others. This is actually something I don't mind, but I do mind when it's so vivid that it wakes me up in the middle of the night. I guess we can't have everything.

4 1/2 more weeks.....I am counting down the time. I'm very anxious but very excited. I'm alot of feelings all rolled into one, if that makes any sense.

3 comments:

  1. Almost there!!

    Prenatal yoga is helping me a lot, too. But it's so weird to be doing a workout on a regular basis that gets harder each time instead of easier... because I'm getting larger and more tired!

    I have a video that gives a tip for a cheater version of Downward Dog for the Super Pregnant: put your hands on a table or the arm of a couch instead of on the floor, and just sort of rock back and stretch from that position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get it. It's going to be a big change, but so awesome!! You know, once you get use to the diaper changes and all the crazy things newborns do. I spent the first week with my brother when his son was born and I will never forget that week. In a good way (albeit, there were the shocking, hilarious and the occasional 'wth just happened!?!" moments) :)

    I can't wait see your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannie that's an AWESOME IDEA!! Downward Dog is pretty much impossible at almost 36 weeks. You'll be loving those hip openers though in another week or 2 girl. And have you tried the pool? I went last night and it was AMAZING! You can't feel the weight of the baby and it just feels so good.

    ReplyDelete