08 June 2009

Distant AuntCousin's are to remain.........distant.

I've been meaning to share this, and unfortunately just didn't find the time (oh that darn work just gets in the way). But I HAVE to find the time because this is truly important and overall, nothing short of amazing.

So my Grammie took it upon herself to give out my house phone number (which by the way NO ONE has. The only reason we have a house number is because it was a package deal through Comcast and the only people that call us on it are my mother, sometimes Ryan's parents, the town of Belmont to tell us they are shutting off the water, or the University of Miami to try and solicit money). So anyway, Grammie decided that it was time for me to get in touch with my AuntCousin ClinnyMae. YES.

CLINNYMAE.

So she thought it was a good idea to give out my phone number because she also lives in this area. Ryan and I get home last Saturday evening (5/31) and we have a message that sounds a little like this: "howmaarshammabaaahhhhhh!!" And that was it. We then had a message from my grandmother telling us that she gave our number to AuntCousin ClinnyMae. So Ryan and I are thinking "Great..who the hell is this?" She calls back at 9:30am on Sunday. Leaves a message. Calls back Sunday afternoon. So at this point, it's turning into harrassment. So I called my mother and asked her to call me ASAP.

Sunday evening: ClinnyMae calls back.
Monday morning: ClinnyMae calls back and leaves ANOTHER message, this time, it was a little more audible.

Monday evening: My mother calls back. She gets Ryan first and then I was walking in the door from the supermarket. So then we proceed to discuss this little AuntCousin issue we're having. She basically starts yelling, but she's yelling AT Grammie, but to me and says to me "Boo, I called Ma and I just had to tell her 'Have you lost your goddamn mind??' And then I had to apologize for asking my mother if she lost her goddamn mind, but SERIOUSLY!" Apparently ClinnyMae is my Great Grandmother's sister's daughter. Got that? Yea. And my mom told me that she remembered growing up around them and they were all sorts of strange. Which would explain the messages. So we're both going on and on about how rude this is, etc. AND GUESS WHO CALLS ON MY CALL WAITING WHILE I'M TALKING TO MY MAMA?!

ClinnyMae.

My mom nearly died laughing. So ClinnyMae tried back later that evening as well. She also tried to call Tuesday and Wednesday. By Wednesday evening, I was ready to call Comcast to have her number blocked, but I called my mom instead and she called Grammie again to end this. Because the last message from ClinnyMae went a little like this:

"The number is 617-XXX-XXXX. ClinnyMae. I would APPRECIATE a call."

ExCRUSE me??? I would appreciate you NOT calling my house! So Grammie called while we were in D.C. this weekend and she apologized for giving out our number and she told her not to call us again. We have yet to get a message from her, but now I'm scared (I'm also a little surprised that my Grammie actually apologized, but that's neither here nor there). ClinnyMae still has our number. What if she does it again? What if she starts stalking us??

Next time she calls, we're going to tell her that she has the wrong number and give her my cousin's number instead.

4 comments:

  1. OMG... I think ClinnyMae is in desperate need of a friend!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, my mom and I got a really good laugh from this post this morning because we have family is just like that. We were laughing so hard, but we know how you and Ryan are feeling. I dont give out the house number either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i gots da house numba, too! ima start calling like auntcousin clinnymae. soon, auntcousin brenda will be calling, too! PLEASE GIVE HER ZUZU'S NUMBER! that would be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, but AuntCousin Brenda is cool. Remember, she gives her NieceCousins lingerie for their birthday.

    ReplyDelete