09 June 2009

Roadtrip 2009!!!! Part Uno

I realized that I never really shared any of my trips with ya'll, mainly because the human race has been doing a really good job of being ignorant in all the time in between, so I've been focused on that mainly. So now it's time for a good old fashioned blog about my Roadtrip. My trip will be broken up into a few different blogs because I'll also be incorporating pictures! You KNOW you're excited. Just feign excitement. Do it.
So the ManLosch and I left Boston for our Roadtrip on 5/16. Our first stop was in Delaware, mainly because we needed gas, I was hungry, and I had to pee. So why not stop at the ONLY rest stop on I-95 in Delaware.



Yea, far from real excitement. The first real stop was to see my brother Sharif and my sister-in-law Michele. In case you didn't read my other blog, both are in the Air Force and my bro just got a promotion. Little sis is mucho proud. So what do you do while in Newport News, VA? You tour the Air Force base and make fun of ghetto people, that's what you do.



We basically learned that anything and everything you could ever want is on an Air Force base. Which is why people never leave it. I'd never leave either, considering their Commissary had Fruit Stripe gum in bulk! Anyway, when we weren't doing that, we were eating tons of seafood and listening to my brother yell "I am Optimus Prime" throughout the house. So if anyone ever had ANY doubt that we were related:


...you should doubt no more. Shave my head or give him a wig. Go on. Do it. I'll wait.................
Did you do it? OMG isn't it craaaazzzyyyy?
So after we left so they could go to work and Communicate and Intelligenceate (yea, one works in Communications, one works in Intelligence), we stopped in historic Williamsburg, where I'm pretty sure, I saw a family who still had a slave. But srsly, we did what everyone does there. We went to Cracker Barrel. Duh.


After filling our bellies, we continued on our way to North Carolina. We surprised my grandmother (before the ClinnyMae incidents), and then made our way onto Duke University. Ryan is a huge fan and my homegirl Kim works at Duke with her man John.

What Duke fan can visit Duke and NOT visit Cameron Indoor Stadium? I yawned a little (don't tell him that, wait he may have just read that. he's reading this over my shoulder as I type this...he chuckled..he's also eating ice).

Duke has a really beautiful campus and Kim and John have a great house in Durham. Makes me wish sometimes that I lived in NC.



So the next day (Tuesday) we continued on our way and we were doing the rest of the drive down to Miami. Before we left Durham, I found this gem of a sign in front of a church:



Nothing short of amazing, because really, when was the last time YOU went to church? You might actually shock yo mama. Go to church and see what she says. Then come back and tell me.

So we're driving right? And guess what starts to pop up along the highway?

I told you b*tches that I'd take my own photos of the most amazing thing to exist between two states. SOUTH OF THE BORDER. BOO to the YAH. We totally stopped there. Because I just had to. And it was atrocious. So good. I may have actually gotten Swine Flu while at South of the Border (sorry, H1N1).


Imagine coming up on this! Imagine the level of excitement. I was way too excited. And the best part of stopping here was actually just the stupid photos we took:
(yea, Ryan took some stock photos IN the nasty, awful restroom because, well....LOOK AT IT!!!!)


(you know you love this...go on...love it up)
So after being stupid for about an hour or so, we decided to continue on the long drive. Of course, not without a stop at Wendy's before getting back on the road, because is a roadtrip really proper unless you're eating shitty Wendy's in the car?
Georgia and on? Catch me on the 2nd post! Booyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment