24 June 2009

Lexi's Thoughts on Summer Television

Ok, so last night, I was all sorts of rancid (MARCUS). I wasn't feeling well and I walked in the door from work feeling like I was just hit with the Swine Flu(sorry, H1N1) and a bat to the body delivered by Tonya Harding (Jeff Gillooly?). I just wasn't in the mood, so I laid down on the couch to close my eyes and try to bring myself back to some state of normalcy. But instead, Ryan decided to bring a bag of Tostitos and salsa into the living room, sit by my head, turn the tv on, and proceed to enjoy his Tuesday evening. I still closed my eyes, but I eventually just couldn't keep them closed because this lovely gem of a show was on the tv:

The Superstars on ABC.

By 8:45, I about lost it. I looked at him and said "WHAT IS THIS SHIT?! WHAT THE FLIP ARE YOU WATCHING?! OMG RYAN. TURN IT OFF. I'M SERIOUS." He said "I dunno, nothing else is on. It's pretty terrible right? This show should be 30 minutes tops." We continue "watching" it and I said to him "I think I just lost some brain cells." About 50 commercial breaks came on in the time we watched the show and one of them was for ANOTHER summer ABC show called "Dating in the Dark." Ryan finally just says,"So do they just put random words in a hat, pull them out, and then its 'HEY we have a summer tv show!" I pretty much agreed. We continued to watch "The Superstars" and I think both our IQ's went down significantly.

So really.....what the eff is up with summer television? Some of it I can tolerate. But how about THIS gem on Fox:
More To Love
Because nothing says IT'S SUMMERTIME like watching plus-size chicks try to find love with a plus-size man (I have NOTHING against plus-size people OK?! I DO hold anger towards those who think it's ok to talk about skinny people like it doesn't hurt our feelings too though). I mean really though? SRSLY?! What about "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" What about "Hammertime?" What about "I Survived a Japanese Game Show?"

Are you catching on? I'm still not. I guess I'm left to my own devices this summer (which is a reality show in itself). Hmm....what's on MTV?

2 comments:

  1. ummm, let's rewind some years, woman...and even last year! can we "paradise hotel"?! that awful mess of a show was horrible, and you (and i) loved EVERY SECOND of it! yahtzee. (toni had to be at least 53 when she was on that show...at least!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you ever finish watching paradise 2???? because it was even worse.

    ReplyDelete