13 September 2009

Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Today, I volunteered at a University of Miami Info-Session here in the Beantown area. ManLosch also volunteered, so NATURALLY, we went together. I found out who would be conducting the session and before we left the house, I said to ManLosch "$10 he doesn't remember who I am."
Wanna know why I said that? Because I worked in the Admission Office there for 2 years, then worked in the College of Engineering Admissions Office with links to the general Admission office for one year before we moved up to Boston. So, the point was, the dude who was running the session, should have NO DOUBT remembered who I was. ManLosch even said "Yea right. He'll remember. Stop. You should have more faith in people."

So we get to the hotel, we are helping to check parents and kids in, and there he is. Let's call him "Jimbo Jones." So Jimbo finally sees us and walks over. He sticks out his hand for a handshake to me and says "Hey, Jimbo Jones....." I TOTALLY shook it too because I wanted Ryan to see this and drink it in. I wanted to see exactly how long it was going to take Jimbo to recognize me. Then he looked at Ryan and looked at me again and said "Wait a minute....." Then he laughed. So with all the "Where do you guys live now?" and "How are you guys, wow it's been 2 years huh?", he walked inside the meeting room. I kicked my legs in the air Superbad style and said "PAY UP!!!!!!" Ryan pulled out $10 and I told him "Well, just buy me dinner instead."

Here is what makes this even worse. I put together the student recruitment video while I was working there with my mentor, Nikki. We worked on it for 12 hour days sometimes. And MANLOSCH IS EVEN IN THE VIDEO. YES. My husband's face shows up everytime an admissions officer plays that video, which is MULTIPLE times a day sometimes. That recruitment video was supposed to be Jimbo's project, but it got dumped on me and Nikki. All that.....and he shook my hand. Eh, at least dinner was good. :-)

addendum: text conversation between me and Nikki
me:Hey Nikki, so I'm doing the UM Info Session. And I bet Ryan $10 that Jimbo wouldn't remember who I was. Aahaha. Guess who won?
nikki: Noooooooo
nikki: Like didn't remember name or anything?
me: He stuck his hand out to me and said "Jimbo Jones." I almost shit my pants. Then he looked at me and Ryan and was like "wait a minute.."
nikki: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. "Wait a minute... aren't you Alex and Gina?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but I personally prefer to go by my full name: Alex ManLosch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No words!!! Just laughter!!! I love your blogs Lexi!!!!

    ReplyDelete