12 April 2010

Brought To You By The Letters M-V-H-S

Thanks to Marcus, my brother from another mother (even though sometimes I wonder...I think we came from the same mother), for sharing this. Should I silently say a prayer that I got out when I did years ago? Probably. And I'm not so sure that it should be silently. So while we should all be fighting for the content of the curriculum and hiring teachers, instead MVHS gets to worry about the actual SCHOOL being structurally sound......nice.....

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-mt-vernon-wall-collapse,0,6698688.story

I will admit, that I let out a loud laugh...maybe in disbelief...

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! Am I a bad person for laughing at this very physical expression of the failure of public schools? I feel like it's OK to laugh at misfortunes when children don't get hurt.

    Reminds me of when I was substitute teaching in Lansing. (I bet my district is suckier than yours!!) At one school, the kids complained about how embarrassing their building was, as they literally picked off pieces of the wall that were rotting out. At another (my old HS), a kid came up to my desk and said, "Please don't think I'm joking with you, because I'm totally serious. I think there's someone in the ceiling." I looked up at the 20-foot ceiling, heard a familiar sound, and told the kid, "It's OK. I'll call someone. I know you're not messing with me, because my husband did the same thing when we went here." Apparently it was still a pastime of the students to weasel inside a hole in the wall, get into the duct system, and literally climb up the walls and between the floors.

    There could have been deaths. But there weren't! So I'm going to laugh.

    And learn more about homeschooling...

    ReplyDelete