04 April 2010

Is The Perfect Day Possible?

No, I don't think so, but today was probably one of the closest I'll ever have to the perfect day. Who'd ever think that I'D have something close to a perfect day, which may have happened because I got up earlier.

We went to 8am Mass this morning because I didn't feel like fighting the crowd. I'm not the best Catholic and I will NEVER admit to even being a great one, but I do make an effort to go to Mass EVERY Sunday. I remembered last year's 10am Easter Mass and it was awful. Everyone who decided to come to reclaim their lost Catholicism came to Mass that Sunday and only that Sunday for that entire year. So ok, if that's the only Mass you're going to go to? At least go to one that isn't the most popular one. Instead, this year, I decided to take matters, or Jesus, into my own hands and attend the 8am Mass instead. And it was awesome. It wasn't too crowded and I wasn't feeling the breath of the person sitting next to me because they were that close.

Right after we got out, we went to breakfast at our normal diner and we didn't even wait! And the guy behind the counter is starting to remember us, which kinda made my day. Because I may have kinda made up my own name for him and started calling him Uncle Rob. Yeah. Irrelevant.

We were done with breakfast and Mass all by the time we would have gone to Mass normally. So we went grocery shopping. And we were done early. So we took LoschDog to the Arnold Arboretum for the day and wore him out. We laid around in the grass, took pictures, talked to other dog owners, and wore ourselves out. We got some of our favorite Jamaican food on the way home and spoiled that by eating ice cream as another stop on the way home. We then spent the rest of the afternoon baking batches of cookies, making dinner (roasted chicken) and lunch for the week.

I....am..exhausted. But happy. I had a good day. I had an amazing day. Will it last? Probably not, but I will take it for what it was worth and at least remember that I had a great day today.

2 comments:

  1. yay for a great day! they never have to be "complicated"...just nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds perfect to me :)

    ReplyDelete