05 May 2009

33 things you didn't ever care to know about me

  1. If a song comes on during a movie that I know, I sing it out loud. In the theatre. (I ignore all evil glances)
  2. Cooking is therapeutic for me
  3. I have a thing for Polaroids (and Polaroids have a thing for me)
  4. I am NOT a happy person. I am a pessimist and enjoy dark, twisted, and gross humor.
  5. However, when I smile, I think I'm decently pretty.
  6. I used to think I was the only kid who thought their parents getting a divorce was a great thing. Now I know I'm not the only one.
  7. Coral became my favorite color when I wore a dress in that color and someone told me I was pretty.
  8. I skipped class more in undergrad than I did in high school.
  9. I broke up with my elementary and middle school boyfriends all because I didn't want to kiss them.
  10. I, ultimately, then, had my first kiss in 10th grade (yea I was a late one, but I sho' nuff caught up)
  11. I don't like people who, when getting on an airplane, steal the blanket and pillow from Seat 12D because they are afraid they won't have a blanket or pillow when they get to their backrow seat.
  12. I lost a baby tooth in 7th grade eating a Jolly Rancher in 3rd period English. I was so afraid to ask to leave I sat there with a Jolly Rancher, a tooth, and a bloody mouth until I went to Woodshop next period.
  13. Walking home, some kid threw a glass bottle at me in 7th grade too. Yea.
  14. Middle school, overall, was just tragic.
  15. I punched a vending machine once. Still did not get said snack. But did hurt said hand.
  16. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a doctor. Then an obstetrician. Then I realized I was too stupid to be a doctor and decided I wanted to be a psychologist. Then I decided I was too dumb to be a psychologist and decided to be an elementary ed teacher. Then I decided I was too impatient for that and decided to be a college administrator.
  17. I played soccer in high school. Then I decided I wasn't an athlete at all. So I stuck with marching band.
  18. I like beer, tequila, and Jack. Thanks.
  19. I lose gloves like a girl on Maury just lost her virginity.
  20. If I'm on a plane, sometimes I picture myself crashing, and that eases the anxiety of picturing myself crashing (yea I know......twisted and horrible).
  21. I tried Lean Cuisines once and hated the one I had.
  22. The first college party I went to had soap on the floor and I immediately left.
  23. I prefer dogs over cats, but still want a cat.
  24. I don't like tuna sandwiches.
  25. Visiting Rome was probably the most walking I'd ever done in my entire life.
  26. I like coming up with nicknames for people. Sometimes they stick, sometimes they don't.
  27. I like school. I like discussions.
  28. I used to work in Admissions. I learned some very valuable life skills from that alone.
  29. I am extremely photogenic.
  30. I don't like eating the edges of sandwiches, the ends of subs, or drinking the last bit of something.
  31. I glare at my husband anytime he eats loudly or drinks loudly. I also glare at him when he crosses his legs.
  32. I had my very first pair of eyeglasses stolen as a kid. I cried when I had to go home and tell my parents.
  33. I saw Depeche Mode in concert. Twice. (Yea......yea......don't ask)


Why 33? Because I said so. That's why.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! You are photogenic, I am jealous! But in a good way, good envy, if that makes sense. If you like tequila, I hope you've had Don Julio, if not what are you waiting for!? I also lost a baby tooth when I in a piece of candy which resulted in a nasty mouth full of blood.

    You've seen DM twice?! Again, jealous!

    Do you watch Strangers With Candy? Totally terrible, out of this world funny. Highly recommend it if you have a twisted sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic MiamiLexi!!!! We all like Tequila!! I saw you trimming the edges of that sandwich yesterday, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete