12 May 2009

Grammie

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all who are Mom's and such! I made sure to call my mom and grandma. My mom would somehow understand if I forgot to call her. She would be a little hurt, but otherwise, alright. My grandmother, on the other hand, would have disowned me faster than Eddie Murphy tried to disown Scary Spice's baby. So I made sure to call her. Typically these phone conversations are no longer than 5 minutes because she "doesn't want to use up all my phone units." She seems to think that people still pay for long distance minutes.

So Sunday right? 15 minutes and 8 seconds. And she was just talking in circles. This is what I learned:
  • She is not opposed to answering the phone WHILE chewing.
  • She did the reading at church that day. She read Psalm 37. Everyone told her that she did a good job. She also brought my aunt with her to church. Everyone thought she was beautiful.
  • She was reluctant to get her driver's license because her first husband died in a car accident (this is very understandable...just random on Mother's Day).
  • She has the "heebee jeebee's" which is apparently code for "allergies" and "sinus problems."
  • She has a new gazebo. Her friend Flo who lived next door to Naomi back in Florida had one and she always wanted one too.
  • She was eating a nice dinner of pre-made chicken and rice and beans because Papa Al didn't want to cook.
  • She hopes my mom will eventually go back to church because she owes it to Jesus.
  • She read Psalm 37 at church.
  • Jesus has been so good to her.
  • Jesus has been so good to her.
  • Papa Al tends to drive faster on the highway and doesn't realize when he's speeding.
  • She's having a cake made for my brother, but don't tell anyone.
  • The lady who is making the cake sold her a scratch off ticket that she bought after church. The lady also smokes and apparently has been told by my grandmother that smoking is bad and she needs to throw them (yes....she said throw them) cancer sticks out.
  • Jesus has been so good to her
And just imagine that list going on in circles. And in between the questions. But I'm blessed that my Grammie is still alive and in my life. So I'll never complain. :)

3 comments:

  1. Grandmothers are awesome Jesus lovers, for the most part. I know my grandma loves her some Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean with the short phone calls. My nana has 5 minutes and then she tells me she needs to finish her lunch, brunch, or whatever she is eating when I call. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *dead* from laughing. your blog is officially back in my life and has made the most used icons toolbar on my Firefox :)

    ReplyDelete