04 May 2009

You Know You Had One

There's no possible way you could have made it through elementary school or even middle school for some without.....................

The Trapper Keeper.

How awesome were Trapper Keepers, right?! You could organize your entire life in those things. You were able to organize your work into sections, place all your 3 ring folders in there, and keep all those notes that your boyfriend/girlfriend wrote to you during class that you just couldn't get rid of. And there were so many designs too! What girl didn't have the Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper? What boy didn't want a cool Trapper Keeper that would show off their not yet developed machismo? Wanna know what MY Trapper Keeper was used for? I had to put it up everytime I had to take a test so the kid next to me wouldn't cheat off of me (because my elementary school was too poor to actually have space enough where we weren't sitting on top of each other). It seemed to take awhile for teachers to figure out that while we were putting these up to prevent others from cheating, we OURSELVES used our nifty Trappers to include all the notes for the test and flip through them during the test, which essentially aided in our own downward spiral into personal dishonesty.

My generation loved you, oh Trapper Keeper. Maybe you'll make a comeback and show the kids today how it's done. You saved my life Trapper Keeper.....ok maybe not, but you definitely organized my work through the beginning of 7th grade; until I realized that colorful binders with velcro were NOT the coolest thing to carry home with you. You could get jumped for that shit.

Please take a moment to remember your Trapper Keeper, and if you had one, feel free to share with me and the world anything about it (and no, Mead is NOT paying me for this).


**A good friend sent this to me after reading this blog, so here's the 1st edit. Have fun!!

3 comments:

  1. I kept torn magazine pages of Playboy playmates in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i NEVER had a trapper keeper. they were banned in my school, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't wanna wait...
    For my Trapper Keeper!

    ReplyDelete