30 May 2009

Massa Got Me Workin

REALLY?!

So Marlon Jackson (yes...one of THE Jacksons) is planning on opening up a slavery memorial and luxury resort, which will include a SLAVERY THEME PARK and a JACKSON 5 memoribilia museum in Nigeria.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7858010.stm

I'll let that sink in for a minute......



Sunk in yet? BECAUSE IT STILL HASN'T FOR ME.
WHAT
THE
F*%K?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Are you FREAKING kidding me? I don't even know where to start with how horribly WRONG this is. Okay, okay. First, who the hell would pair up slavery and Jackson 5 memoribilia??? Second, a SLAVERY THEME PARK?! When I first read this, I showed it to my hairdresser, who then showed it to the salon owner, and tried to think of all the different "rides and activities" there could be at a slavery theme park (when discussing this with Ryan too, we came up with a few). Are these activities fit to blog or will I offend? Yea, I'll offend. So will we be able to try to run away from Massa' and see how far we can get before we get shot? Can we pick cotton? Can we see who comes up with the best responsorial song? Will we get a boat ride? Will we be shackled? (ok, based on the article, it seems that it is a strong possibility, which is ALL KINDS of wrong). Will there be an Underground Railroad to see who gets to the other side the quickest?

Did I just offend you? Because there's no POSSIBLE way that what I just said can offend you more than someone who actually thinks this is a good idea. Seriously. I mean....REALLY?! Dammit. We keep taking steps back as a people and it HAS TO STOP. Someone please go quarantine the Jacksons and keep them away from society. Seriously. Really.

Man.

1 comment:

  1. "Are these activities fit to blog or will I offend? Yea, I'll offend."
    Uh....Someone spoke this idea OUT LOUD and to the MEDIA no less. I mean, really, how can you out offend that?

    The only thing that could make that thing more offensive is if they actually made this a reality and then didn't pay the workers.

    Let's open a Holocaust museum/bar and grill. The waiters can use the different kinds of Nazi concentration camp badges as name tags.

    "uh...pink triangle over there hasn't brought me my drink refill"

    ReplyDelete