27 October 2009

I Don't Like Somber Blogs

I was so hyped to write about the Boston Bookfest that I attended this past Saturday. I was going to go on and on about the sessions I attended and the literary journals and books I bought (for under $20 mind you).

And then my dad had a heart attack. Yeaaaaaaaaa.

So I don't really do somber blogs or anything. That's not really me. But he's doing better. It doesn't help that my relationship with him has been somewhat strained. And when I say "somewhat" I mean "really" and when I say "strained" I mean awful and atrocious. So when he left me a voicemail, all I thought was "Oh here we go again." I was having a great Sunday brunch with the ManLosch, and getting ready to go see a movie, so I said "Eh, it can wait." Well, uh.....right. Either way, my brain has been going a mile a minute since Sunday night. I went to visit him yesterday; we drove from Boston at 4am to Brooklyn and back in the same day. We did alot of talking and I did alot of being mean to the nurses and doctors because they were slightly confused. And when I say "slightly" I mean completely and when I say "confused" I mean incompetent. I spoke to him tonight and he's doing alright, except for the fact that he's not in his own room anymore. He's apparently making a large to do about wanting to go back to the CCU so he can have his own room again. I yelled at him and told him to please stop annoying the nurses.

Anyway, if you're reading this and knew, thanks for being there for me and my family during this. He doesn't really get along with most of the family anymore, so I think it was nice that he's been in everyone's prayers lately. And all I can really do right now is take this day by day.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your dad. Even though you didn't have the best relationship with him, I bet it's still hard to go through. Sending you positive vibes ~~~~~~~~~

    PS: Happy to have you as a NaBloPoMo motivation partner! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lexi,

    I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I will be keeping him and you in my prayers. I hope he has a quick recovery and I'm thinking about you during this time. Hugs to you!

    Thank you for your kind words about what my friend is going through. It's so nice to have extra prayers for her. I really appreciate it.

    ~Tasha

    ReplyDelete