13 October 2009

ManLosch to the Rescue

At around 6:45am this morning, I got out of bed to get into the shower. Dreary-eyed, I flipped the bathroom light on, and I let out a blood-curdling scream (didn't seem to affect Jordan though, he slept right through the commotion). Ryan ran into the hallway and asked me what was wrong. I screamed, backed away and pointed.

Because I swear I saw a bug the size of Jordan on the bathroom wall. Actually I'm fairly certain that the bug ate a centipede, then grew another 100 legs on top of the ones it somehow took from the centipede, and maybe ate a squirrel before finding his way into my bathroom at 6:45am. It looked a little like this:

(those little red things are teeth that I'm sure it had based on how awful it looked)

I squealed and pointed, squealed and pointed. Ryan said "Wow, that thing is huge." I screamed back "KILL IT RYAN. GET RID OF IT, OH MY GOD, GET RID OF IT!!!!" He replied "Oh yea, right. Hold on." He got a paper towel, and disposed of the evil 200 legged bug that tried to ruin my morning routine. Sorry people, I just don't like bugs. That's just the way it is. I made Ryan check all the drawers and cabinets in the bathroom before I even stepped foot in there. I told him to put up a "No vacancy" sign because the bugs seem to think that this is a halfway house when it starts to get cold out.

Crisis averted. Thanks ManLosch for saving me yet again, from the evil bugs that enter my personal space (except for the spider that crawled on my arm in the rental car a few weeks ago, where I leaped into the backseat of the convertible, thinking the spider couldn't crawl into the backseat, but whateeevvvverrrrrrr).

3 comments:

  1. At least I wasn't away for the week, forcing you to smash the bug under a shoe and several books and leave it there until I get home...not that you would ever do that for just a little bug :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just a silverfish....nothing too ghoulish.

    ReplyDelete