16 June 2010

Do You Know What Today Is???

"..It's our anniversary.....anniversary"

Hey bitches. It's my 3 year wedding anniversary today with ManLosch (audience applause here). 3 years ago today, I said I do (or I will, or Yes, or some other Catholic form of acknowledgment that meant agreement). The priest who married us asked us to write letters to each other and he would use them as part of his homily; take bits and pieces out of it to talk about us. Instead, he surprised us and read each of our letters aloud and it was obviously a surprise to us both and very touching (audience coos). So today, ManLosch, I want to share with you again (and my blogging family) part of what I promised to you back in 2007.

You’ve taught me so many things about life, love, and happiness. You’ve provided for me in so many ways possible. With all you’ve given me, I feel that I must give you something in return. I’m not a rich woman, but I can tell you this; I will re-pay you. I will re-pay you in unconditional love. I will re-pay you with years and years of laughter. I promise to you a spiritual marriage. I will catch you when you fall. I will understand your strive for perfection and support you every step of the way. I will watch the World Series with you, even when the Yankees aren’t playing. I promise you years of joy. I promise you a family. I promise you me. Your love is all I need and I can’t even begin to explain how happy I am today; how happy I am to finally become your wife.

So ManLosch, I wanted to tell you that I'm still in the process of re-paying you, but perhaps with some amendments.
I will re-pay you in unconditional love (Yes, as long as you continue to keep doing my laundry and clean up after me.)
I will re-pay you with years and years of laughter (I think this is a no-brainer. CMON. I'M HILARIOUS. And hot.)
I promise to you a spiritual marriage (When I get up to attend Mass? Yes, of course. But will I stop talking about people AT Mass?? No, sorry. I haven't reached that state of enlightenment yet.)
I will understand your strive for perfection and support you every step of the way (Except when it involves finding the perfect parking spot when I've been hungry for the last 3 hours.)
I will watch the World Series with you, even when the Yankees aren’t playing (Hmmm. Let's be honest. Okay, how about if the Chicago White Sox are in the World Series? Or for some reason the Detroit Tigers pull it together and surprise everyone and end up there? I'll support that.)
I promise you years of joy (Especially when I get pay raises and we get awesome tax refunds.)
I promise you a family (Slow your roll. It's gonna happen. ;-). LoschDog has been an excellent placeholder.)

So see? Not much has changed! Although I still can't understand your incessant argument for why it's ok to keep the vuvuzelas at the World Cup, I'll still watch it with you (with the sound on MUTE). Although you can't understand why I won't pick up my dirty laundry or DO IT, I'll still watch you do my laundry. And although I'm afraid of what a Siberian Husky would shed all over my wardrobe, I'd still get one because you want one. In other words, what I'm saying is......you're alright ManLosch. Let's keep doin' the damn thang and see where it gets us.


 Happy Anniversary Chulo.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! you both rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You included World Cup...mad props. But I noticed you still didn't include watching three straight weeks of bicycle racing in July or final days of golf Majors or tennis Grand Slams :)

    Happy Anniversary. Love you x ∞

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post-- the letters are great. I'm going to go kiss my Chulo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated anniversary. The letter still makes me tear up three years later just like it did on your wedding day. Love u both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And this is my favorite pic of u guys from your wedding :)

    ReplyDelete