07 February 2010

Pooh Bear and The White Man

ManLosch and I went on a Jamaican food adventure last night. We waited longer than normal, as 4 black men were conversing very loudly about what they MIGHT order, but still hadn't ordered yet. Behind them, was a white dude who seemed nervous enough that he walked into a Jamaican food restaurant with his Screech-esque sidekick. BMAC is "Black Man At Counter."



  • BMAC: Man, I can't wait to get this home and eat! I'm so hungry! (long pause as his other friends shuffle about).
  • Me(to ManLosch): Then he needs to hurry the hell up so I can put my order in....
  • BMAC: Pooh Bear, Winnie the Pooooooh Bear........
  • Me: Ryan, PLEASE tell me you just heard that.
  • ManLosch: Heard what?.
  • Me: That dude was just singing the theme music to Winnie the Pooh Bear. A grown ass black man. In a restaurant. With 4 of his friends.
  • ManLosch: (holds in laughter)Uhhh, NO! I didn't hear that. Ha!
  • WhiteDude: (he's next to order and says to the server)Ummm I don't really know how this works....how do I order?
  • ManBehindCounter: Just tell me what you want.
  • Me(after we finally order and leave): So beyond the Pooh Bear interlude, I've discovered...white people need black people as wingmen.
  • ManLosch: WHAT?!.
  • Me: White people can't be trusted to know how to navigate things like soul food restaurants, rap concerts, etc. Ya'll need us. Think about it. I introduced you to all of these things, but TOGETHER. It reduces the level of awkward for both parties.
  • ManLosch: Hmmmm, I see your point.
  • Me: The same can be said for us. We need ya'll so we don't get arrested when trying to attempt certain things. We need you guys to help us navigate white people shit.
  • ManLosch: Like skiing?
  • Me: EXACTLY.

2 comments: