03 January 2010

Bridezillas!

If you know me, you KNOW I love me some "Bridezillas." If you're that in the dark that you don't know what this is, it's a wonderful show on the WE channel. It's pretty self-explanatory. Women who are horrible bitches invite cameras to tape the last week or two of their wedding plans and the day of the wedding. And the shit they do the last 1-2 weeks before the wedding doesn't even happen in real life, so you can thank tv for that part. So this always makes me remember how easy going I was when ManLosch and I planned our wedding. And you can sit there and laugh, but I swear to you, I was one of the most easygoing brides EVER. Go ahead and ask ManLosch. Or my bridesmaids.....go on. Ask. I'll wait.......................................

See? Told you. And to prove to you how laidback I was, here were the things I didn't do:

-Didn't want to wear makeup. Everyone forced me to do it. When I did a trial run with a bridesmaid, I cried when I got home and most of it came off on ManLosch's shirt.
-Didn't choose the flowers. Just said I wanted calla lilies for my bouquet and didn't care what the rest looked like.
-Didn't care what the centerpieces looked like. Let the florist figure it out.
-Tried on 3 dresses. Chose one of them because I was already tired of trying on dresses.
-Didn't care what bridesmaids looked like in their dresses. Size 1 or Size 30. Didn't really care.
-ManLosch chose his own tuxes. Didn't care what he chose as long as he didn't show up in a wifebeater.
-Let the photographer choose the different shots. Wasn't that particular.
-Food? Eh, I figured everyone else would choose what they like.
-Jewelry? Yea, bought it 3 days before the wedding, HA!
-Had a 3-tiered ice cream cake from Carvel because regular wedding cake blows. Saved thousands of dollars.

I know there were some things I WANTED but it never turned into an argument, because they weren't very specific things. I had fun planning my wedding. But watching crazy ass bitches plan their weddings and beat their future husbands? Priceless.

4 comments:

  1. 3 tiered ice cream cake from Carvel = AWESOME. Good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you ARE laid back Lexi! How do you think you'll be when you have a daughter, and of course like they all do, she grows up and gets engaged.............think you'll be as calm on HER wedding day? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell yes Martin! I don't do weddings like that. She can plan her own damn wedding if she wants to get all bridezilla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. those damn tuxes were HOT AS HELL! literally. black on black on black on black. seriously, ryan?! seriously. :p

    2. your cake was the best cake ever! what beats chocolate crunchies?! i tell ya what...NOTHING! i tell everyone about the awesomeness of your cake. mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete