01 January 2010

New Year's Decade

I was talking to ManLosch last night while lazily sprawled out on the couch about the New Year. And he mentioned how really, it's just a new year. Bringing in 2010 shouldn't be any different than 2009 or 2008. I mentioned that it was; that so many things have happened for people in our age group to actually remember. Because 1990-2000, well we all were alot younger. Alot of us were still in elementary school at the very beginning. Either way, for a large chunk of us (meaning my friends), we hadn't begun our true adult life.

So many things have happened in 10 years, that I remember (and alot that I don't), that makes it crazy to think that 10 years has gone by! Here are just some of things that I've done, seen, smiled at, cried at, etc:

Left Mount Vernon, NY for Miami, FL. Barely looked back.
Left Miami, FL for Boston, MA. Have looked back. Almost everyday.
Dated. Broke up. Dated. Broke up. Went to the movies. He wore a pinky ring (deal breaker).
Dated again. Broke up. Dated. And this time, I married him.
Ate alot of ramen. Probably my weight in ramen. And alot of Lucky Charms. Dorm life.
Got 2 degrees by 23 years old.
Had some pretty awesome jobs. Had some pretty shitty jobs.
Seen more of the country and world since being with my husband.
Adopted a dog.
Joined a college marching band (because how else would I have met the hubs?)
Joined a college marching band sorority.
Gone through 10 cell phones.
Went to all 4 BCS football games.
Been to 2 funerals in 2 weeks.
Saw the Hurricanes play in the sun. In the rain. In an impending hurricane. And in the snow.
Walked in rain up to calves, barefoot. Walked in snow, up to my calves, not barefoot.
Fell in love too many times.
Connected with my dad. Lost it. Connected again. Lost it. Connected again. Lost it. (Repeat many many times).
Had 2 pet turtles. Had a crazy hamster. Hamster died in his own outhouse (crazy huh?)
Saw Ludacris and danced in the crowd at his concert on campus in a tropical storm.
Learned how to drive. Watched man drive on sidewalk in Miami shortly thereafter.

I'm sure there are alot more. But even just reminiscing about the things I've done in a decade brings back some good memories. I'm actually excited to create some new ones this decade. Hopefully more good than bad. And hopefully ones that will make other people excited too. :)


1 comment:

  1. Awesome rundown of the LexLosch show, 2000/2009! I would like to say that the loss of crazy hamster really hit me... (sorry ;-)

    2010 - gonna be a great decade cause of the "era of your life" your in...Can't wait to read more from you the rest of the years!

    ReplyDelete