17 January 2010

We're Getting A....Pony?

ManLosch and I went to Mass this morning (big surprise, right? well I didn't go last week, so HA! take that). While we're kneeling before it started, I look up and see this very large stuffed pony. Like this little girl was allowed to bring a rideable stuffed pony to Mass. So I whispered to ManLosch, "Did you see the pony?" He's like, "Yes. Srsly? Yes." I couldn't help but track the pony throughout Mass, and I noticed at one point it was being passed down the pew, mosh pit style. We're kneeling again and I tap ManLosch and say, "Do you see it? Jikajgrnkjarng, did you see it!?" He laughs. So I say, "I want one." And the following whispered conversation (while the priest is going through all the parts of Mass) ensues:
ManLosch: Okay, I'll buy you one. But a real one.
Me: I don't want a real one. I want a stuffed one.
ManLosch: No, I'm going to get you a real one. A real pony.
Me: What am I supposed to do with a real pony?
ManLosch: Ride it in the streets. Duh.
Me: Where?? We have a car for that.
ManLosch: What do you think people used in colonial America? How did they get around? Right. Pony.
Me: But where do I park it?
ManLosch: In the driveway.
Me: In the driveway? Next to the rest of the cars? So what happens when the pony gets pissed and kicks the cars? What do you tell the other drivers?
ManLosch: You shouldn't have parked your car next to my pony.

We laugh for a little while because I think for a minute, we forgot we were at Mass. We continue:
Me: Well do you get it inspected like a car? Like how do you take it for an emissions test?
ManLosch: Easy. Take it where you normally take cars.
Me: But how do they test the pony?
ManLosch: Amount of manure it produces. Easy. C'mon.
Me: Okay, well how do you register it?
ManLosch: DMV. Put the license plates on the tail.
Me: Okay, so I'm just supposed to ride this pony to and from work? To the store? Everywhere, all year long?
ManLosch: Yup.
Me: What about when it gets cold?
ManLosch: Again, what did they do during colonial times? Layer up.
Me: What happens when I need to park and it's municipal parking? You know, where you put the ticket in the dashboard to show exactly when you parked? What do I do with the pony?
ManLosch: Tape the ticket to the saddle.

So I'm laughing all the way down the aisle to get my Jeezit and ManLosch leans in behind me and makes a horse noise as we pass the stuffed pony. Once Mass is over and we walk out to the packed parking lot, he tells me one last thing:
ManLosch: See? Wouldn't it be nice if you could walk out of Mass and have your pony just waiting for you? Hmm?.

2 comments: