25 January 2010

Up in the Air vs. Up in the Air vs. Up in the Air

Have you seen the movie "Up in the Air" yet? I saw it back in the middle of December.

It was AMAZING. I absolutely loved it. ManLosch and I went with another couple (T& Eddie) when we were in Miami. We walked out and Eddie said, "MAN! That was depressing." I said, "I loved it!" Maybe because I ride the pessimistic wave of life, I tend to relate to things like that. Either way, I loved it. I loved it so much that I had to read the book. "Up in the Air" is based off the book by Walter Kirn with the same title. I bought it 2 days later.

I NEVER say that I like the movie better than the book....but the book SUCKED. Maybe it's because I was expecting something closer to such an awesome movie, but the only things that I felt matched were the characters names and the main characters job. That was about it. The relationship between George Clooney and Vera Farmiga's characters were COMPLETELY different from the movie to the book. I was not feeling the book...which is a big surprise for me.

Now the soundtrack? Tramazing. I love it. As ManLosch would call it, "Hey, I like that hippie crap you listen to."

5 comments:

  1. Up in the air? More like Up in the I just slit my wrists because this movie is SOOOOOOO depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed it! And...did you know the people they were "firing" were REAL people who were just fired in real life and they got to use their individual "fire" stories in the script? Yup, heard that on the radio...so you know its gots 2 B tru! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaha, Lori, well I read that as well, so yes it's true. Except for Zach Galifianakis. And the dad from Juno. lol. They still have jobs.

    ReplyDelete