03 March 2010

Barnes and Noble Can Kiss My Ass

I go to Barnes and Noble because I have a membership there. I placed something on hold, something to help me with my writing. When you place something on hold, you can pick it up in the store after they send you the confirmation email that they have it and it's ready.

So I placed something on reserve and this is what I received:


So heeeey bitches, I went to get my shit in Framingham the next day. They told me they reserved a copy in my name and they were holding it for me. I arrive, try to pick it up, and whaddaya know? It's the WRONG thing. So I say, "This isn't what I put on hold." I showed them that the hold paper THEY printed out and wrapped around the item didn't even match. She says, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Hold on while we go get the right thing." She disappears and returns a few minutes later to tell me THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY. How the fuck was I able to reserve it then, when it said it was in stock?? So she says, "The Burlington store has it. I'm so sorry. You can buy it there." ManLosch and I get in the car and drive to Burlington from Framingham. We get there and we ask the woman at the Customer Service desk for it (after we told her what happened); because she was 8/10th's retarded, it took her 10 minutes to actually find it in the system; she said they had it, she disappeared to get it, and came back and said they didn't have any.

WHHAAAAT?! I gave her the look of death and as I was walking out, she said, "I can order it for you..." I said, "No thanks."

I sent an email to Barnes and Noble because I was pissed off and it was very detailed about how I thought it was ridiculous that it said it was in stock, AND someone physically placed it on hold. They finally emailed me back, 5 days later.....


"Dear Alexis Losch,
Thank you for your email regarding the "Pick Me Up" feature on the
Barnes & Noble website.  Please accept our sincere apologies that your
experience was a disappointing one.  


Our website asks that our customers contact the store prior to their
visit to verify availability, as our inventory changes frequently.
Besides ensuring that the item can be reserved, the Bookseller can
immediately place the item at the register area, under your name, for
three business days.


We are always looking for ways to enhance customer service in our
stores, and we assure you that we will keep your feedback in mind as we
review the services they provide.

We value your patronage and hope to see you in our stores again soon.


Sincerely,

Enchantia "


Please check the second paragraph. They ask that I call the store prior to picking it up to ensure its availability. ISN'T THAT WHAT PLACING IT ON HOLD IS FOR?! So I place it on hold and I wait for an email. I got the email which means a person physically went to grab what I wanted/what I reserved, printed the paper, and wrapped the paper around the box with a rubber band. Which means that I shouldn't have to call beforehand...because an actual person...put it...on...hold. Right. And the best part? Her name is ENCHANTIA. WHO THE FUCK?! This is how I know this is some bullshit. Thanks Enchantia for your not so accurate email.

Thanks Barnes and Noble. You can take your "Pick Me Up" feature and shove it up Enchantia's enchanted ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment