30 March 2010

This Rain Has Taken Its Toll

Dear Mother Nature,

You were beautiful and awesome and loads of gorgeous. However, the last 2 days of rain in the Boston area have caused quite a stir. We are tired of the rain. There has been flooding and the freakin National Guard came in. This is getting out of control. I have friends with flooded apartments and they aren't happy. It's a mess out there.

Granted, I DO feel lucky that my apartment has remained dry. So I can't complain there. But I want to wear my spring skirts in the spring time instead of wearing them in the pouring rain and hoping that it will make me feel like it's spring. So listen up whore, this has got to stop. There are many unhappy people right now. Please consider this letter as my official request for the rain to stop and the sun to come back.

I expect this to be effective March 31, 2010 moving forward. My rain boots want to go back into the closet and my suede heels want to make their triumphant return.

Thank you in advance for your consideration,
LaLosch

3 comments:

  1. Can I also sign this letter? How about I sign it as "Enraged apartment renter S. Q. Rabin III"? I particularly like the part of the letter where you tell Mother Nature to "listen up whore". That rules. And so do you for offering to help me out during this chaos. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen... I'm one of those pissed off people with a flooded apartment. It's got me so worked up I can't even sleep anymore. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...next week we will have a day where we both wear our spring skits to work.

    ReplyDelete