08 March 2010

Power Up

To fully maximize my gym membership, I manned up and went to a yoga class tonight (yep..it's totally Monday...not my normal day, which means I'm awesome). It was Power Yoga. I came home first and then went back out. I got there 15 minutes early because there was no class before this one and I figured I would be able to get my space in the back.

WRONG.

This class was almost full at 7:15 and it didn't start until 7:30. So I took a spot on the side by the door. In walks the yoga instructor...buff Juan Marco Polo Sanchez the 18th. I dunno, but DAMN LADIES. He had this accent that sounded like "Eeeneejuan new to a-yoga? Eeeneejuan new to my claaaass?" I raised my hand for the class part. He smiled and said he would pay extra attention to me (holler). I mean, the poses weren't anything new, so I was ready to try something more intermediate to advanced. And these mothereffers weren't playin around. Juan Polo wore like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shoes.

I wanted to scream out "It's easy for you because you're buff times eight!!" but I didn't. Instead, I just got the workout of a lifetime (and the girl next to me? she totally farted while doing elevated knee to elbow crunches). Marco Juan came over and helped me a little too (shaaaa-WHHHAAAT?). All in all.....I actually liked it. Even though it was longer than usual at an hour and ten minutes as opposed to the fifty minutes, I really feel like I challenged my mind and body tonight.

Now back to the compress on my shoulders.....

2 comments:

  1. Haha, yoga is fun. Especially with a hot instructor with an accent. I cannot wait to start working out again after I get over the flu. I'll probably do some trendy workout with a stupid name like Zumba or Yogalates or whatever to get in shape for my farm-girl vegetable gardening out in the yard. The frozen earth of suburban mid-Michigan is melting! Time to get in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm so excited that it's slowly warming up here in Massachushits too. I don't garden though; maybe I'll take advantage of some summer yoga though!

    ReplyDelete