01 March 2010

The Hour of My Discontent

I had an ATROCIOUS day today. Atrocious is light too. Whatever is worse than atrocious is what my day was today.

So I got home today, spouting alot of obscenities and realized that I needed to do something to take my mind off the day. I decided to do an activity I found on one of my favorite websites Soul Pancake. The activity is to take a page from a newspaper, magazine, or book (or book you wish you never read) and find a poem in it. You're basically crossing out lines until you find what you're looking for. Here is what mine looked like:


Here is the poem that I found in this article:
In the upcoming scenes
There are heartbreaking questions about creative exploitation
You were interesting, actually
Tricky, involved, a narcissist
I wasn't happy.
Hyper-aware about one person's perspective
Playing became performing;
it's our story.
Central to playing ourselves, monogamy overcoming emotions
Spoken, articulate, too pretentious
Torture was so damaging.



3 comments:

  1. OMG Brilliant.

    I've never seen/heard this but it's my new MO for learning how to write poetry in Spanish.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course soul sista. I'm here to inspire you, so we write against the man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this once with Dick & Jane by William S. Gray and Zerna Sharp ("See Spot run" is one line from the book)

    So again, I tried with with Dick And Jane, but all I got was, "See ... Run"

    Martin
    @gsbmartin

    ReplyDelete