16 March 2010

Useless...Useless I Tell Ya

So I made it to Best Buy tonight to have the Geek Squad look at my laptop and maybe give me an estimate. We roll on in (ManLosch and I) and he says "My network adapter on this laptop stopped working all of a sudden. It's inside the laptop and we were wondering if you could perhaps give us an estimate or a better idea of what's going on." The guy says "No. We would have to send it out off site so it's up the service repair center."

Aren't YA'LL the Geek Squad? To fix shit? And then even after we said "Really? You can't give us an ESTIMATE?" you still said "No." Not to mention the phone was ringing and you seemed real hell bent on getting that call. Was it your hooker for the night?

So after we left Best Buy, we went to MicroCenter. For you Floridians, it's a little like BrandsMart. When we walked in.....HOLY "40 Year Old Virgin." We went to repairs to see what they could tell us. She was REAL strange, but at least she said that if they were to check my laptop in, they'd have to charge me the initial $70 diagnostic thing..then it'd probably be about $300-and thats about when I stopped listening. $300 to fix my laptop. So after Wednesday Adams stopped talking about the ridic price to fix my laptop, she at least DID offer the temporary solution of using a wireless USB adapter. We walked over to the "Communications Department" and found one fairly cheap with Frodo's help (oh god i'm awful). We walked over to the laptops just to take a look and I swear all I could hear was "OH go fuck a goat!!!!" (if you've seen 40 Year Old Virgin....you get it). We checked out and I kicked Ryan in excitement. Because the guy at the other register was TOTALLY the bald black guy from the movie (Romany Malco). It was nothing short of amazing.

The verdict? I'm looking into new laptops. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear your laptop has a temporary fix even if the geeks were unhelpful. Going to any of those Office Depot/Micro Center/Staples places always seem to have....uhh special staff members. Speech impediments, nervous ticks, yeah we've got that.

    ReplyDelete