07 December 2009

Stuff Lexi Likes #5

More stuff I like....because I'm awesome....and a little bit of the Caucasian persuasion.......

#122 Acoustic Covers
I love all music, so of course I'm going to love acoustic versions of songs. The book states that the crown jewel of a mix, is always an acoustic cover of a pop or hip-hop song. And when it's The Lost Fingers singing "Billie Jean?" Even better.

#123 Dave Chappelle
Anyone that can disappear to find himself and then return like nothing happened and still make money? I'm on board.

#125 Nintendo Wii
Get the f*ck outta here, I OWN a Wii. And I hope to own Wii Fit so I can hula hoop myself into another dimension. I frickin love my Wii and will offer it at any social function. I can't get myself coordinated enough for the PS2 or the PS3 we own, but you can give me a Wii remote anyday. Srsly. Anything Nintendo really. Lovin it. Now get out of my face. My Mii could beat up your Mii anyday.

#127 The Simpsons
Now remember, this is only stuff I like. I used to love the Simpsons, but they've fallen off a little bit. But I still appreciate their poke at pop culture and politics.

#132 Not Having Cash
It's not that I don't have it. It's that I just don't keep cash in my wallet. It's so strange. Part of it could be because my bank doesn't even exist in Massachusetts. And the book is right. There really is no time to find an ATM that won't charge me here. I always have to do cash back. Eh. I'd rather just use my card.

#137 Eating Outside
I love eating outside especially when the weather is nice here (which is like all of 3 days in Massachusetts). When I lived in Miami, I ate outside all the time, it was AWESOME. However, the book states "Picnics and cookouts have been a staple of white culture for years." Ummm HELLLOO??? Have you MET black people????

#138 Books
If you know me? This needs no explanation.

So there are a few more in the book that I will expand on, so I'll save the rest for one last blog! Don't forget the giveaway blog. It ends tomorrow evening and I'll pick the winner tomorrow evening or Wednesday morning.

Stay tuned homies and homettes!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Eating outside! Wooohoo!! Only another 4-5 months and we can do it again with out having to wear a parka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm getting a Wii for xmas! YAY ME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are awesome Steph. You will fall in love with your Wii.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH HA HA HA! I laughed at 137!

    Eating outside is a thing that white people totally bogarted from people of color everywhere. My black friends in the US were always having cook outs and family reunions which were held OMG in parks and zoo pavillion areas all over the US!

    And you know Mexican folks love them some damn carne asada! Please! I think more than 4 winter coats were ruined because of the smell of smoke. And winter is no laughing matter in Michigan so thats some shit right there. People of color love them some outdoor eating. I just went to a cook out two weeks ago.

    White people think they invented everything, no offence to all the white people who may or may not be reading this.

    ReplyDelete