01 December 2009

Parking Wars

I am participating in NaBloPoMo for December! I'm just waiting for the new badges to come up so I can replace the one for November.

So I was at the store tonight, buying things for dinner and other random items that looked like they wanted to be bought. I'm at the check-out line and who do I see? Our neighbors. Like our upstairs neighbors.

ManLosch and I do NOT like our neighbors.

I looked up and the wife looked up and saw me, so in that random awkward moment we kinda smiled. I was nice; I waved and said "Hi." Do you know what that ho did? She smiled through gritted teeth and her husband barely acknowledged me. I quickly grabbed a magazine to hide my building "smack-a-bitch" feelings and pretended to read "People" (in which I then decided to BUY "People"). She kept checking on me to see how fast my line was moving and I almost threw my can of chicken broth over to her line to hit her in the head. But then I started checking on HER line. Here's why:

Our neighbors are extremely inconsiderate. They run the dry cleaners below us. They are Asian (just a fact! take that as you will....if you know me, then well.......yea. you know it's not racist....but well.....yea). We share the driveway and people will constantly park there to pick up their stupid dry cleaning and block us in, even with the "NO PARKING, PRIVATE DRIVEWAY" sign. Our neighbors smile and nod and pretend not to understand "This is fucking ridic, make them move their cars now!" They also park 3 cars and a van there, barely leaving us any space to park the car. ManLosch is 'bout ready to go all Jazmine Sullivan on our neighbors.

So back to the store. I wanted to get out of there as fast as possible so I could secure our space in the driveway before THEY parked. They checked out before me. DAMN! So I check out too and practically run to my car. I throw the bags in the car, look around for them and see that they are still loading the car. I start the car and you would have thought I was a NASCAR driver in that parking lot. But, I ended up one car in front of them and secured my space in the driveway.

Booyah. Suck on that 'natches.

5 comments:

  1. All I can say is...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it on good authority- from an asian- that asians are HORRIBLE drivers, so its for sure not racist! But i thin this is evidence it translates to Parking Skillz as well. Yeah for winning! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I actually had nearly the same incident happen to me not too long ago (with a random lady who stole my parking spot, then blocked me from taking another one!)..but we were racing to see who would leave the store and get out of the parking garage first.....me and my friend won...it shouldn't have felt so good to beat her, but it did. So I say congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete