25 November 2009

Holidaaaaaaaaaaay

It's here. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Or as I like to call it, "FriWednesday." You can feel the buzz of excitement at work, hoping to get let out early. The frustration or elation of packing up your car to go visit family. And Black Friday (which I never dare bother with).

I love Thanksgiving; I go all out with the cooking. But the Friday after is sometimes the best because that's when ManLosch and I pull out the Christmas decorations, put on some music, and start decorating the apartment. One year, I would like our apartment to look like something the Griswold's would have put up ("Why is the carpet wet TODD??? I don't know MARGO!!") but until we have enough space for that to happen, we'll settle for the smaller decorations placed around the entire apartment.

I've got alot of reading, writing, and sleeping on my agenda this weekend. Feel free to stop by and lounge around with me. Watch a movie. If you're driving, be safe; no texting and driving and use a handsfree device if you have to talk kids. I don't need to get a call in the middle of my night that some deer jumped out in front of your car and kidnapped your boyfriend or girlfriend because you were too busy texting your friends. Bring me some pie back or something too. And a Snuggie.

4 comments:

  1. Is Rusty still in the Navy? Ellen, are you still dating Clark?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the tylenol?

    Hope you stay sane and have wonderful Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful (and I'm sure I'll read about it in a moment... I started where I left off and I'm working my way up to present time). I, unfortunately (no thanks to Ai) had to WORK Friday which pretty much cramped my style. At least it was dead and I got lots done!

    ReplyDelete