20 November 2009

Kathy, it's you. Not me.

I went to Panera for a salad today for lunch to go with my soup that Jared (Punch-A-Pony) made and brought in last night. I got to the register and noticed that Kathy was working today. Kathy is an older woman...like 70 or 75 maybe. If she's only 50, then she's had ALOT of hardships in her life.

Anyway, there was a gentleman already giving her his order. And as usual, she was slower than molasses. I moved around a bit. I looked at the manager behind the counter in hopes that he'd come over and take my order at a different register. No such luck. He just gave me this look like "Damn, I'm sorry you got Kathy."

So she finally gets to me and I give her my order and she says "What did you say you wanted?" You gotta be kidding me right? I re-state my order and then she says, "What's your name?" I say "Alexis." Wanna know how she spelled it?

A-I-E-X-I-S (I will post a picture of the receipt later.)

C'mon Kathy. I know it wasn't the way I said it. I'm going to need you to step it up, or um...well....we'll see. I may complain. At least my Greek salad was right. Kathy, we'll try again next week, okay? Go clean out your hearing aid please.

No comments:

Post a Comment